gemstones

Huge encyclopedia of gemstones

Monday, May 17, 2010

I Am The Luckiest Man On Earth!

I am sitting here in my office counting my blessings. The day is partly cloudy with wispy grey mist swirling, there is still a spring nip in the air and I am listening to beautiful music. I was thinking that I have a wonderful family and I have wonderful friends and customers. I have a beautiful view of the San Francisco Bay and I can see many of the hills surrounding the Bay. I can see the San Francisco Bay Bridge. I can see some of the downtown San Francisco skyline.

The view shows so many colors - the green grasses that cover the hills in spring and which turn a rich golden color in summer, the darker shades of green from many varieties of trees, the flowers of all kinds and colors, the spectacular colors of sunset or sunrise reflecting off the clouds, the sparkle of the city lights - sparkling like diamonds and so much more. The views enrich my life.

Colored Gemstones
What is truly cool is that I work with gemstones that also have those colors. I can find the rich green of the hills in emeralds, tsavorite, and peridot. I can find the darker greens of the trees in tourmaline, jade or green sapphires. I see the colors of yellow or orange flowers in golden sapphire or citrine or yellow diamonds to name a few gemstones that occur naturally in those colors. I see the colors of purple, violet or pink flowers in tanzanite, amethyst, pink sapphire, pink tourmaline, blue zircon and more. And the color of the water I can see in sapphire, iolite, blue topaz, aquamarine, turquoise, etc. The brilliant orange / red / gold colors of the sunsets can be found in ruby, garnets and more. Think about the colors that can all be in one gemstone like opal. And the sparkle of the city lights can absolutely be found in diamonds. I have not addressed the colors of the sky and earth that gemstones come in. The list of gemstones and the colors, hues / tones they come in is so much longer than I can list here.

Natural Gemstones
I find it absolutely amazing that “mother nature” created hard gemstones that have every color and hue that we see in everything in nature around us – the water, the trees, the plants, the clouds, and of course rainbows. And I am so lucky to be able to see those brightly colored gemstones every day no matter how grey the view out my window (remember I’m in the San Francisco Bay area and it can get very grey and very foggy). They can sure brighten one’s day.

No comments:

Post a Comment